Two operas by Marc-Antoine Charpentier with staging
Les Plaisirs de Versailles
Les Plaisirs de Versailles is a short opera featuring an argument between the rival pleasures of Music and Conversation. They are eventually reconciled only in their shared admiration for the Sun King.
The Actaeon opera is a short tragedy in which the hunter Actaeon accidentally catches the goddess Diana bathing with her nymphs. He tries to hide himself, but is discovered, and Diana in anger turns him into a stag, and he is torn apart by his own hounds.
- Jacqueline Woodley, soprano (La Musique)
- Stéphanie Pothier, mezzo-soprano (La Conversation)
- Philippe Gagné, tenor (Actéon)
- Marianne Lambert, soprano (Diane)
- Clavecin en concert ensemble and choir
- Luc Beauséjour, harpsichord and conducting
- Marie-Nathalie Lacoursière, staging
Venue : Bourgie Hall, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, 1339, Sherbrooke St West.
Date : Friday, October 5, 2018, 7:30 PM